"Phishing" is a fraud technique in which thieves identify themselves with a false identity and claim to be the legal representatives of an organization or company.
In this process, the scammers try to steal personal information from you, especially your account information, social security number, passwords or other confidential data. The thieves contact you via the Internet, e-mail, mail or telephone.
Always be careful with personal data and follow these rules:
- Keep your data, such as your password, PINs, TANs secret and store them in different places.
- Please check your transactions and your account balance at regular intervals. Report suspicious account activity to Penta Customer Service immediately.
- Keep your contact information up to date so that we can reach you quickly, even at short notice, should circumstances require it.
- Penta will never ask you for your credit card or account PIN.
- Penta will never ask you for a combination of passwords and card PIN, neither by email, nor in your account by phone or chat.
You can find more information in our FAQ section "Secure account opening and usage".